If you are a nature lover and enjoy the great outdoors, then you should visit a few National Parks this summer. However, before you leave for your destination, make sure to apply for your lifetime Access Pass. The Access Pass is a wonderful pass that is free to any US citizen with a permanent disability.
- Rocky Mountain National Park: The Park has many accessible trails for your enjoyment. You might enjoy the Coyote Valley Trail, Sprague Lake, Lily Lake, Bear Lake or even Holzwarth Historic Site. Plan your vacation and spend a few days enjoying the Rocky Mountain National Park.
- Statue of Liberty National Park: If you have ever dreamed of seeing Lady Liberty now is your chance. Since 2013 the park has been fully wheelchair accessible. So plan ahead to visit New York and especially Ellis Island to see Lady Liberty.
- Denali National Park and Reserve: The Park is home to the highest mountain peak in North America. Mount McKinley is a wonderful site. The National Park has several ADA trails for your viewing enjoyment. Many people love the McKinley Station Trail. You will have 1.5 miles of trail to view diverse taiga forest, the Alaska Range, Hines Creek and several other sites.
- Yellowstone National Park: The Park has a wonder ADA trail that is 1.5 miles or 3 miles round trip. You will start at the visitor’s center and ends at Morning Glory Hot Springs. This is a lovely trail for all to see. However, it might become a little dangerous in spots because the trail is shared with bikers.
- Congaree National Park: This Park has a beautiful 2.4 mile boardwalk loop that's wheelchair accessible. However, during the heavy rain season the loop might not be available or covered in water. There are port-a-johns on the loop for anyone who needs a restroom.
- Frederick Meijer Garden and Sculpture Park: This is a wonderful park to visit this summer. On June 11th the park is opening their Japanese Garden. You can find plenty to do here and each time you visit the landscape changes.
These are just a few of the wonderful National Parks to visit across America. Have fun this summer planning your vacation at one of these beautiful parks.