Almost a year ago, a new app for Android and Apple devices was launched to highlight the amazing high end products manufactured by companies that provide wheelchairs, seating and positioning products, shower chairs, pediatric products, gait trainers and standing frames. The CRT Catalog mobile app provides many of these product brochures in the app so that consumers, therapists and equipment providers can access this information to learn more about what products are available on the market.
This industry is unique in that high end wheelchairs and other products are not typically located in a retail store for consumers to choose from and often consumers are not even aware of many of the product solutions that are available to them that might meet their unique needs and may even be a life changer. The CRT Catalog app was created so consumers, therapists and equipment suppliers could have a central point of product reference for the many manufacturers rather than searching the over 100 company websites that traditionally manufacture these complex rehab products.
Since the launch in July of 2014, over 5,000 consumers and healthcare professionals have downloaded the app and the brochures in the app have been accessed well over 200,000 times. The company that designed the app monitors over a hundred manufacture websites to ensure the latest and greatest product brochures are updated in the app so that the consumers will always have access to information about the newest products available on the market.
The CRT Catalog mobile app is also sponsored by some of the industry’s best associations such as United Spinal Association, NCART, RESNA, NMEDA and NRRTS as well as many manufacturers of high end wheelchair products.
Here are some highlights for consumers who rely on high end wheelchair technology every day:
- Hundreds of product brochures from manufacturers of wheelchairs, seating and positioning, gait training, standing frames, pediatric and other accessibility products
- Access to industry trade shows and events
- Videos of products and their features
- Access to magazines such as New Mobility
- Finding suppliers in your local market of these high end products
- Consumer educational resources
- Ways to get engaged to help protect access to these different types of high end equipment on the state level or national level
- Links to the websites of many of the manufacturers
Check out this highlight video of the app:
The app is a free download for Android and Apple devices and many resources will continue to be added to the app for consumers as requested. Search “CRT Catalog” in your app store to download it today to stay connected to what is going on in our industry!