Have fun! Have fun! Have fun!
That’s the message today as we explore this list of amazing wheelchair costumes that you can find on YouTube. Whether it's Professor X climbing inside our heads, or Batkid rolling without limits on the Batchair, you'll be enthralled with the creativity and the imagination that can turn that chair into a vehicle oozing and dripping with superhero goodness.
It's just a few weeks now before trick or treat season comes, so you'll have plenty of time to think of something unique and special that works for you. Hopefully, you could be inspired by these fantastic ideas.
1. When Cinderella meets My little Pony. All princesses deserve ponies. All princesses deserve to ride on a carriage with sparkly dust and rainbow colored manes.
2. Tank wheelchair. Have you ever tried building an M1A1 Abrams with heat seeking missiles and a gatling gun cannon? Well, this kid and his dad has. But on second thought, it looks more like a World War 2 Bradley. Complete with the white star and cannon in front. Everybody should really get out of the way.
3. Ice cream truck wheelchair. Now we're talking. This, this, my friends is brilliant not just for kids but for adults as well. Joining costume parades and conventions was meant for three things: having fun, meeting new friends and having ice cream! With an ice cream truck wheelchair you're bound to attract new friends who you could share ice cream with. Three thumbs up for this kid and his dad. Er, can I have one please? My favorite is cookies and cream!
4. R2D2 wheelchair costume. Reese Dixon guides us on how she made an easy R2D2 costume for her child. The force is strong in this family. I can feel it. I can feel the power. Do not underestimate the power of the creative mom! Now, as she said, the only thing that he needs to do is to learn how to whistle like R2D2. Tooooweeet, tooooowoooo. That means May the force roll with you.
5. Tron Wheelchair. Now how cool is that? Complete with glow lights, back lights and that Fast the Furious charm, Andy's big brother really spent a lot of time making sure his Andy had a swell time last Halloween (2012). It even has its own glow disc. Vrom. Wrom. Vrom. Score!
6. Tractor/Bulldozer Wheelchair. Country music playing, kicking up some dust and gravel. Well, no not really. I haven't experienced American country life since I'm from the Philippines. Hehehe. But I'm guessing it's cool to try that someday. Who knows? The song plays:
Did you ever get a ride, Did you ever get a ride, Did you ever get a ride on a tractor No I never got a ride, No I never got a ride, No I never got a ride on a tractor. (Song/Lyrics by Richie Kavanagh)
7. UPS is cool. For real. If they don't deliver on time, you'd be sad or worst - angry! Vroom, vroom, vrooom. Whether it's high waters floods, typhoons or tsunamis - UPS can guarantee that your package will get there on time.
There's a ton more on Youtube but I'll leave it up to you to explore them yourself. Hey, if you ever make one - post about it here on rollingwithoutlimits.com. The community would love to see it!
Creative Commons Image via Flickr